Friday, January 30, 2009

Scrap Clock


Well I finally finished my Scrap Clock. It took me nearly 1 1/2 weeks. But we did just arrive back from our holiday in australia and the boys needed to be settled back to school and home also. I wanted to get it done so that I could focus back on my jewellery making and setting up my lampwork bead studio.


I love the stamping I did on the lettering - it really added extra dimension to the colour. I found it difficult to cut out the circles as all of the circle cutting gadgets I have just don't seem to function that well. Maybe it's the user... I would love one of those electronic cutout devices!!


Initially I found it difficult to blend the colour - from the photos. I don't just have a shop down the road where I can take my photos and match my paper. I have to use and work with what I have here and accumulate on my trips home to Australia. The odd trip to Dubai is a possibility - but there is 1 shop and it is not exaclty cheap and I am usually not organised enough to have my photos and other embelishments etc at the ready.


I am very pleased with how it turned out and think my boys make gorgeous photos to work with. But thanks must go to Anna Mair (The Unveiled Eye) for the great photos she took!

No comments:

Post a Comment