Saturday, February 28, 2009

FINISHED

Finally we have finished my studio and I now have a wonderful space to work in and make a "mess". My bench didn't turn out how I wanted it. It wasn't cut to the correct size so we had to do it ourselves, but that meant pulling the legs apart and cutting everything down - something I didn't want to have to do. I want to use it - so we just adapted and even though there is part of the frame sticking out the side I think I will find it useful for using to clamp things etc.

Now I have purchased some supplies from the US and I am waiting for them to come, along with my KILN. Yeah I have got a Paragon SC2. I wanted the SC3 but was too expensive to ship to Oman!!! More than 250US dollars so that was not such a viable option.

So now I can really get into my lampworking and silversmithing!!

BUT

on a sad note for me...

I am going to have to go back to work for 1 or 2 days a week or so. Nothing set just some temp work. I don't want to leave my babies... and I want as much time as possible to use my creativity. But has to happen sometime so...

Will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment